How to Setup XAMPP on Windows Server in Azure/AWS/GCP
To setup/install XAMPP server Windows on any of the cloud platforms, the easiest way is to deploy using the XAMPP server image for Windows Server that is available within the cloud marketplaces from the following deployment links below. The image comes pre installed with XAMPP server on Windows running Apache, MariaDB, PHP, Perl, Filezilla FTP Server, Tomcat, Java and more.
Run XAMPP Windows Server Cloud
Table of Contents
XAMPP Windows Server features
XAMPP is a cross-platform web server which stands for Cross-Platform (X), Apache (A), MariaDB (M), PHP (P) and Perl (P) that allows you to build WordPress site offline, on a local web server and the main features are:
- It is an HTTP a cross-platform web server.
- Apache Webserver.
- Filezilla FTP Server that uploads files securely to the server.
- Send Mail – you can configure XAMPP to send emails from localhost.
- Deploy applications using Git.
- Mercury Transport System.
- Zend Framework.
- PHP Scripting language installed.
- Run PHP under FastCGI.
- PhpMyAdmin to manage DBs.
- Manage Apache and MySQL services.
- Xdebug debugger.
- Access your logs.
- Access configuration files.
- Create aliases/Virtual hosts.. and much more.
- Available for Windows, MAC and Linux systems.
- It provides standalone installers for Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Offers VM-based local experience for WordPress.
RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) into new server
Once you have deployed XAMPP on Windows server, the first step is to RDP into the new instance once it has fully booted up. The following links explain how to connect the VM once it has finished being deployed:
- How to RDP to AWS Windows Instance
- How to RDP to Google GCP Windows Instance
- How to RDP to Azure Windows Virtual Machine
Once logged in, you’re now ready to start setting up your new server as per the following sections.
Using XAMPP on Windows
XAMPP is controlled via the control panel, launched from the desktop:
The XAMPP directory is located in c:\xampp\ where you will find all the config files
Full documentation on using XAMPP and using any of the applications, setting up web servers, using Apache, Mysql, FTP etc can be found locally within your XAMPP server on the following URL:
Deploying WordPress using XAMPP ?
XAMPP Server Firewall Ports
Depending on what you want to use XAMPP for and which applications you will be using. You can find the ports required from the XAMPP Control Panel.
You can see the ports required on the following screenshot highlighted red:
XAMPP Server Support / Documentation
If you have any questions or experiencing any issues with getting started with XAMPP on any of the cloud platforms. Contact us and we will assist as much as we can.
XAMPP support can be found on their forum – https://community.apachefriends.org/f/
XAMPP Documentation can be found locally within your server on the following URL:
Disclaimer: The respective trademarks mentioned in the offering are owned by the respective companies. No warrantee of any kind, express or implied, is included with this software. Use at your risk, responsibility for damages (if any) to anyone resulting from the use of this software rest entirely with the user. The author is not responsible for any damage that its use could cause.