To setup and install MySQL server on Windows Server 2016 or 2019 in Azure use our Azure marketplace listings to deploy Mysql virtual machine straight into your Azure tenant. MySQL server comes pre-installed on Windows server running MySQL Community Edition. Configure server as a standalone SQL server or SQL replication. Server can also be setup for InnoDB clustering for HA. MySQL provides you with a suite of tools for developing and managing MySQL-based business critical applications on Windows Server. This solution also comes with Workbench to easily manage your databases, MySQL utilities, python andMySQL command line tools.
Run MySQL on Windows Server Azure
Table of Contents
MySQL Server features
- MySQL is a relational database management system (RDBMS) based on the SQL (Structured Query Language) queries.
- Tested with different compilers.
- CMake for greater portability.
- Tested with Purify (a commercial memory leakage detector) as well as with Valgrind, a GPL tool.
- Uses multi-layered server design with independent modules.
- Fully multithreaded by using kernel threads, to use multiple CPUs if they are available.
- Transactional and nontransactional storage engines.
- Uses very fast B-tree disk tables with index compression.
- Designed to make it relatively easy to add other storage engines. This is useful if you want to provide an SQL interface for an in-house database.
- Uses a very fast thread-based memory allocation system.
- Executes very fast joins using an optimized nested-loop join.
- Implements in-memory hash tables, which are used as temporary tables.
- Implements SQL functions using a highly optimized class library that should be as fast as possible. Usually there is no memory allocation at all after query initialization.
- Multilingual: APIs for C, C++, Eiffel, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby.
MySQL Windows Server on Azure
MySQL server on Windows in Azure is easy to setup, operate and easy to scale.
Once you’ve deployed MySQL Server on Windows virtual machine to your Azure tenant it is ready to go.
Root password is blank, its recommended to set a password for your MySQL root account.
Use preinstalled MySQL WorkBench or MySQL command line tools to create and manage your databases.
MySQL Server Ports
The following ports need to be opened in Azure if you are using a firewall appliance or any Azure NSG’s.
3306 – TCP (MySQL)
33060 – TCP (MySQL X Protocol)
6446 – TCP MySQL Router
6447 – TCP MySQL Router
6448 – TCP InnoDB Cluster
6449 – TCP InnoDB Cluster
If you have any questions about the setup of our MySQL Server on Windows solution in Azure, leave your comments below and we will reply within 24 hours.
Alternatively have a look at MySQL Documentation: https://www.mysql.com/why-mysql/white-papers/
How to use MySQL Workbench: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/
If you would like us to implement the MySQL server into your environment and fully configure it and get it up and running, get in contact with us and we will get you up and running asap.