Ruby on Rails vs Node.js- What’s the Difference (Pros and Cons). They are the two top rated programming languages and web development frameworks. In this article blog we will compare of Node.js vs Ruby on Rails with their pros and cons. Let’s start.
What is Ruby on Rails?
The Rails framework is highly recommended for creating and managing database backed web applications. In addition to MVC (Model View Controller), which is the basis of RoR uses various popular software development patterns and architectures, such as DRY (Don’t repeat yourself ), CoC (Convention over Configuration) and the active record pattern.
Ruby on Rails has several advantages as well as disadvantages. This language is popular among startups not just because of its benefits. But what are the pros and cons of utilizing Rails and making it appealing to entrepreneurs?
The Pros of Ruby on Rails
- Cost effective and Easy to code
- RoR has a user friendly and easily readable syntax. The use of common rules helps to adhere to any stage of development conveniently.
- Compatible with multiple frontend frameworks
- Ruby on Rails is compatible with popular frontend web development frameworks such as React, Angular.js, and Vue. Therefore developers can easily integrate those with RoR.
- Complying with industry standards
- Ruby on Rails follows 2 main industry standards; DRY and CoC
- DRY – Don’t Repeat Yourself
- This principle targets eliminating duplicated code blocks and repetitions
- CoC – Convention over Configuration.
- This standard targets on reducing the developer’s input in decision making by elimination g the logical complexities in an application development architecture
- Increased Development speed
Ruby on Rails has a vast collection of libraries, extensions, utilities and components that the developers can use accordingly. This reduces the implementation effort and also improves the quality of the application too.
The Cons of Ruby on Rails
- Wrong decisions cost more
- One wrong decision of the developer can impact the performance and the functionalities of the application. In the future, it can be hard to fix due to the community driven rapid development.
- Rapid development
- Ruby on Rails is subjected to a rapid development due to the contributions of the community, which can be a disadvantage. Therefore, the applications developed with Ruby on Rails should be kept up to date with the newest feature.
- Lack of documentation
- Usually, it is difficult to find good documentation. Therefore there can be difficulties while developing the applications.
- Reduced boot speed, taking longer than usual to start.
next in the article Ruby on Rails vs Node.js- What’s the Difference is to introduce Nodejs.
What is Node.js?
We need to include the Node.js libuv package to allow single threaded event loop capabilities in web pages. This (libuv) module offers a thread pool used to handle the execution of concurrent requests. However, one disadvantage of this approach is the inability to support vertical scaling. It is compatible with all internet protocols, including HTTP, DNS and TCP.
Node.js Event Loop
Pros of Node.js
- Provides a full package from the HTTP server to the templating engine.
- The ability to develop client side and server side using the same language.
- Easy to deploy and monitor while providing support.
- Fast page loading.
- High demand rate in the market.
Cons of Node.js
- Performance issues
- Since Node.js has a considerable low CPU consumption, it may not be suitable for CPU processes with high load.
- Unsuitable for tasks that require a lot of processing power.
- Unstable API.
- There is no standard library.
- It requires using the Asynchronous Programming Model, which many programmers find difficult.
Let’s compare Ruby on Rails vs Node.js.
Node.js vs Ruby on Rails Comparison
Node.js Server side development
Node.js API development
Node.js better software for developing REST API development with representational state transfer (REST)
Ruby on Rails full stack web application
Ruby framework is built on its Model, View and Controller framework. Ruby on Rails is not a significantly adaptable framework. It’s difficult to think outside the box, and you will have to create your application from scratch.
When considering the learning curve of Node.JS, it is slightly easier than Rails. Moreover, it is adaptable and straightforward for developers even without prior experience. Finding Node.js developers is easy in the United States, while it may be more difficult in some European countries.
Learning Rails is simple. However, you will likely need to know and comprehend crucial attributes such as objects, classes and Ruby level methods. Finding experienced Ruby on Rails developers might be difficult. Even though the market determines the popularity of each technology, finding a competent developer is always tricky.
Ruby on rails
Ruby on rails
RoR also supports scalability by improving applications performance and infrastructure.
Ruby on rails
Testing is also a vital part of Ruby on Rails. It makes it easier for developers to check the code they write as they build the back end due to the MVC architecture model.
Community interest over the time for Ruby on Rails vs Node.js is as follows:
That is it! We have learned about Ruby on Rails vs Node.js- What’s the Difference. Let’s conclude.
Ruby on Rails vs Node.js - What’s the Difference Conclusion
Ruby on the other side is no capable with handling large loads. Ruby on Rails is highly beneficial for their excellent design and code quality. Developers don’t need to repeat their code so the development process is among the most efficient.
So Ruby on Rails vs Node.js? Ruby is a great option for teams for speed of development as their main goal. Node.js development tools are the best solution for real time web and single page applications.