How to Install FileZilla FTP Client on Linux Ubuntu 22.04. It is hard to do anything without transferring files nowadays. All in all, transferring files is an important part of business, whether it is within your own company or between a client and you as a consultant or freelancer.
But transferring large amounts of data takes time and costs valuable resources. That’s why you need a convenient way to move information between systems and devices.
Additionally, FileZilla has an FTP feature that allows you to upload and download files from your computer to or from other computers running the same software. Also perform other tasks like creating directories and managing connections.
What is FTP and FileZilla FTP Client
FileZilla is an open-source FTP client that is available for free to everyone. It is one of the most popular FTP clients available on the market today. FileZilla uses the standard features of FTP but adds some extra features that make it easier to use for advanced users.
Moreover, it has a user friendly interface and supports multiple languages, which makes it easy to use by all types of people.
FileZilla FTP Client Features
- FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS), and SSH File Transfer Protocol are all supported (SFTP).
- IPv6 compatibility.
- Supports more than 40 languages.
- Supports restart and transfer of big data larger than 4GB.
- Simple to use transfer queue and site manager.
- Support for drag and drop.
- Speed limits.
- Filters for filenames.
- Directory comparison.
- Wizard for network setup.
- You can edit files remotely.
- HTTP/1.1 keep-alive, SOCKS5, and FTP Gateway support.
- Logging to file.
- Directory searching with synchronization.
- Online file retrieval.
- To link to numerous servers, you use the tabbed interface.
FileZilla FTP Client Advantages
Some of the major benefits that FileZilla Client has to offer are as follows:
- Open source and cost effective.
- FileZilla is easy to use.
- Easy access to FTP servers
- Provides a seamless connection.
- Allows the transfer of multiple files and directories.
- Ability to resume a transfer if the connection is lost.
- The ability to put items into a queue to be uploaded or downloaded.
- Allows you to schedule transfers.
- There is no size limitation on single transfers (browsers only allow up to 2 GB).
- Scripting capabilities through the command line.
- Synchronizing utility.
- Faster transfers than HTTP.
- Supported on almost all hosts.
Follow this post to learn how to install FileZilla FTP Client on Linux Ubuntu 22.04.
How to Install FileZilla FTP Client on Linux Ubuntu 22.04
Update System Repositories
Use the following combined command to update and upgrade your system before installation, as recommended.
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y
sudo apt install software-properties-common apt-transport-https -y
Now, your system is ready for FileZilla installation. Consider one of the following methods for FileZilla installation.
Method 1: Install FileZilla FTP Client Using the Graphic Command Interface
Method 2 : Install FileZilla FTP Client Using the Command Line
sudo apt install filezilla
sudo apt list --installed | grep filezilla filezilla --version
Use the following method to ensure that the latest version of the FileZilla FTP client is installed.
Method 3 : Install the Latest FileZilla FTP Client Using the XtraDeb PPA
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xtradeb/apps
Next, update your repositories again with the following command.
sudo apt update
sudo apt install filezilla
Again, run the following command to check the version, and you will see a much more recent version has been installed.
Launch the FileZilla FTP Client
Or navigate to Applications and search for and launch FileZilla Client from there.
That’s it for the FileZilla FTP Client on Linux Ubuntu. Let us conclude article How to Install FileZilla FTP Client on Linux Ubuntu 22.04.
How to Install FileZilla FTP Client on Linux Ubuntu 22.04 Conclusion
With a large user base, many people can help you with any problems you might have with it.