Top 10 Best Auth0 Alternatives – SSO Providers (Pros and Cons). In this article we will talk about best Auth0 alternatives with their pros and cons. Let’s start.
What is SSO
Single Sign On service is a Log in once – use many services. Single sign on gives the user safe and user friendly access to all the applications available and enabled for him after he has signed on just once.
Pros of SSO
- Flexibility in identity and access management.
- Central authentication.
- Improved security (MFA) and uses Risk-Based Authentication (RBA).
- Increases employee and IT productivity.
- Eliminates password fatigue.
- Enforces better password policy.
- Minimizes the threat of data breaches.
Most people use Auth0 as it is one of the leading Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) software that offers access control, provides real time monitoring and timely alerts, but it might not be the right choice at all times. Depending on the affordability, user rating, ease to use and other parameters, there are many other tools available in the market today that can match your requirements. If you are looking for an alternate to Auth0 that can be easily administered and is sophisticated software, check out our list. We have picked the most popular alternatives to Auth0, including OneLogin, Okta, Duo Security, LastPass, Microsoft Azure Active Directory and more.
Let’s take a look at Top 10 Best Auth0 Alternatives – SSO Providers (Pros and Cons).
First on the list of Top 10 Best Auth0 Alternatives – SSO Providers is OneLogin. It is an easy and quick to implement this trusted Identity and Access Management program. The purpose to launch the software was to simplify business logins, improve security, system efficiency and centralize your applications or devices. Founded in 2009, the software has gained enough popularity over time and is currently in use by many individuals and businesses. It follows a developer friendly approach to secure web applications, streamlines workflows and has competitive pricing. As a result, the cloud based platform is known to boost productivity while maintaining security. Further, it also reduces a user’s load time, helps create custom reports, supports multi factor authentication and more features.
Pros of OneLogin
- The software supports Social Sign In, Multi factor Authentication (MFA).
- SSO OneLogin uses SAML 2.0.
- Active Directory and LDAP integration.
- No matter whether your business is on premise or cloud based, the system provides 100% security compliance policies.
- Authority to restrict employee access to particular applications with OneLogin.
- Easily produce custom reports.
- Saves a lot of money on directory integration.
- It eliminates the requirement for shadow IT policing, advanced password reset and provisioning projects.
- Helps to reduce the workload for IT users.
Cons of OneLogin
- The addition of a new app into their database can be a difficult task.
- Customer services are poor.
Okta is one trusted cloud based identity management software that caters to businesses and industries, such as telecommunications, consumer services, information technology (IT), energy and utilities, etc. It allows quick access management at any time, automates workflow, enforces strong security policies, boosts revenue, supports user provisioning and provides multi factor authentication features. The software integrates with many third party solutions while assuring secure synchronized connections. Many high profile users, like LinkedIn, Adobe, Allergan, trust Okta.
Pros of Okta
- Okta is an easy to use and deploys tool.
- It supports features like API Access Management, Single Sign On, and Multi Factor Authentication.
- Active Directory Integration.
- Compliance Management.
- Real Time Notifications.
- Automatic Device Recognition.
- It helps centralize identity and management.
- Okta’s authentication process helps reduce online attacks.
- It is one of the secure platforms to improve Collaboration Productivity.
- Security Reports.
- It requires less maintenance.
Cons of Okta
- Installation at the initial stage can be complex.
- Expensive compared to other software.
3. Ping Identity
Ping Identity is a cloud based platform that allows Identity Defined Security for the global enterprise, including exclusive features, like single sign on (SSO), multi factor authentication (MFA), directory and more. The cloud platform allows secure and seamless access to cloud, SaaS, mobile and on premises applications as well as APIs. Further, it helps improve security and user experience across digital businesses, optimize productivity, delivers exceptional customer experience and provides a centralized system to store and share the data. Ping is suitable for both the IT and developer teams. It supports many features like Identity Verification, Dynamic Authorization, API Security, Risk Management and more.
Pros of Ping Identity
- A flexible cloud platform for hybrid IT environments.
- The software supports features, such as multi factor authentication, API security, single sign on, access management, directory, etc.
- Federation/SAML support.
- Authentication User experience.
- Adaptive authentication policies.
- Secure and seamless user experience across global enterprises.
- Social login and account linking.
- It can be deployed on both on premises and in the cloud.
- It supports Adaptive Access Security to boost security.
Cons of Ping Identity
- It comprises overlapping feature sets.
- Key features might not be available when not bundling products.
- OAuth connection configurations can be difficult to understand.
4. Microsoft Azure Active Directory
Next in this comparison of Top 10 Best Auth0 Alternatives – SSO Providers is Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). It is a cloud based service that supports multi factor authentication to keep users safe from cybersecurity attacks. It is an identity management solution that boosts overall productivity by maintaining strict security protocols and centralizing access applications and data. Furthermore, Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) is also compatible with mobile, on premises, and cloud based applications and solutions.
Pros of Azure Active Directory
- Single Sign On, Multi Factor Authentication, Self Service Password Management, etc.
- Integrates with an existing Windows Server Active Directory.
- Azure AD multifactor authentication and conditional access.
- Globally available.
- Easy to access applications from any location with Single Sign On.
- It provides a secure and seamless engagement with internal and external users.
- It is much easier to integrate identity into applications or services with Azure AD.
- On a global scale, Azure AD provides high availability and redundancy in data.
Cons of Azure Active Directory
- Delegation of administrative tasks is difficult with Azure AD.
- LDAP support is not available.
- No support for traditional authentication protocols, such as NTLM or Kerberos.
5. Duo Security
Duo Security is a trusted user centric access security platform whose main purpose is to keep users, data, applications safe and secure from malicious hackers and data breaches. The platform eases the security process for users, so they can focus on other essential areas. The platform monitors the health of your devices and verifies the identity of your users to address security threats beforehand. It is a user friendly security platform that protects your data on every scale.
Pros of Duo Security
- Duo Security is easy to use, administer and deploy.
- Monitor the real time health of your devices and application to save from security threats.
- Duo Security supports Multi Factor Authentication.
- It provides Adaptive Access Policies support.
- You are no longer required to compromise on the company’s data with remote access solutions.
- Duo Security platform is easy to access from anywhere.
Cons of Duo Security
- Synchronized configuration between devices is not supported.
- Application is too fast but often times out quickly.
JumpCloud is an open directory platform that offers simple and secure access to corporate resources from any location, unifies devices, manages employee identities. The JumpCloud Directory Platform offers identity management to all platforms, including on premises, in the cloud, as well as Windows, Mac, and Linux. It is much easy to manage the platform with in built features, like Single Sign On (SSO), Multi factor Authentication.
Pros of JumpCloud
- JumpCloud supports Multi factor Authentication that helps maintain a safe and secure application, server and network.
- Access corporate resources from any place or location securely with JumpCloud.
- Helps in the management of employee identities and controlling devices.
- JumpCloud supports seamless User account management.
- JumpCloud supports Single Sign On (SSO)
Cons of JumpCloud
- The open directory lacks all functionalities atm.
Good alternative of top 10 Best Auth0 Alternatives – SSO Providers is LastPass. It is on the list due to one of the best password managers with amazing features, like cross platform syncing, secure notes, a password strength report, secure sharing and dark web monitoring. It protects your business against cyber threats and empowers users to share credentials seamlessly when offering insights or reports to Administrators. It also covers additional features, like single sign on, multi factor authentication (MFA). There are three different pricing plans for users: Free, Premium, and Family. Also, it is available on desktop apps for Windows and macOS.
Pros of LastPass
- LastPass helps spot weak passwords.
- LastPass is Ultra affordable and compatible with most devices.
- It supports Multi access device syncing.
- It supports Web Vault and Browser Extension.
- It comprises features, like single sign on, multi factor authentication (MFA).
- Eliminates employee password reuse.
- Protects your sensitive data.
- Revokes access to key applications when an employee leaves.
- Easily save your credentials with LastPass.
Cons of LastPass
- Users at times find it hard to import databases.
- It provides limited live support.
- Changing passwords can be a difficult task.
ForgeRock is a trusted Identity and Access Management software used by leading global brands, government entities and enterprises in various sectors, like healthcare, communication, financial services, retail to build secure customer relationships across different applications and devices. It comprises capabilities like SSO management and provides unmatched security architecture. Using online identities can help launch new business models and grow more revenue.
Pros of ForgeRock
- ForgeRock Identity Platform is highly flexible and provides an improved end user experience.
- It protects data against unauthorized access. The security features have helped reduce security breaches.
- It helps modernize your workforce.
- It provides secure multiple identities in a hybrid IT environment.
Cons of ForgeRock
- The customer centric approach has reduced admin privileges in the ForgeRock Identity Platform.
Pros of Rippling
- Rippling helps monitor activities on your applications and devices in real time.
- It has a centralized employee database and supports fast onboarding.
- It has the capability to process employee payrolls across the globe in minutes.
- It comprises an in built password manager and supports two factor authentication. Thus, rippling offers robust security features.
- It can seamlessly integrate with multiple applications.
- It comprises customer service tools to deliver great customer support.
- Cost efficient pricing.
- Provides secure synchronized data across systems.
- Automates admin tasks, time tracking, tax compliance and filing.
Cons of Rippling
- Slow response time.
10. Keeper Password Manager
Another leading password manager of top 10 Best Auth0 Alternatives – SSO Providerst hat has won many hearts through its excellent security and management features. Keeper’s password security and management platform are preferred for family, business, and enterprise use to generate strong passwords for each website and application. Keeper helps protect sensitive files in an encrypted digital vault, seamlessly integrates with SSO, LDAP, 2FA, and securely shares records among team members. It also comprises robust multifactor authentication features, auditing tools, and more.
Pros of Keeper Password Manager
- Keeper helps save passwords as you sign in to secure sites and apps.
- It helps automatically generate strong passwords.
- Keeper’s password security and management platform support multifactor authentication.
- It helps save or store your personal data, such as payment information to easily fill web forms.
- Supports integration with SSO, LDAP, and 2FA methods.
- Keeper allows 24/7 customer support.
Cons of Keeper Password Manager
- Does not comprise fully automated password updates.
- Advanced features are paid.
Top 10 Best Auth0 Alternatives – SSO Providers Conclusion
Millions of people and thousands of businesses prefer Auth0 as it is an easy to implement and trustworthy authorization platform. But in many cases, people look for alternatives that offer similar features and security measures. To make it easier for you to choose, we have above listed some of the best alternatives to Auth0 with its pros and cons, such as OneLogin, Okta, ForgeRock Identity Platform, LastPass, Rippling, Microsoft Azure Active Directory, and more.